Careers with us
We are currently recruiting for the following vacancy:
Web Developer / Digital Project Manager
Starting Salary up to £20k with structured opportunities to grow this to £30k based on achievement of development targets
The Design Mechanics are seeking the right person for an exciting new role in the company. As Digital Project Manager you will take responsibility for the 50 plus websites that we produce a year, as well as working on developing exciting web-based and PHP projects for both us and our clients and the expansion and on-going development of our own web-based CRM and order-taking software "Ninian".
As a competent web-developer one of your first goals will be to help us develop new systems and workflows for all website production: working alongside the Creative Director you will have a massive influence on how we work, from having input into how we actually design websites to make them more efficient to build, through to proving those procedures work yourself by demonstrating constant quick website completions. We will even call on you to influence the direction the company takes in terms of new online services and markets.
You will also bring the same procedure-based thought processes and approach to the development and implementation of SEO and Internet marketing projects, maintenance of our client's current websites, and work on bespoke projects including data-base sites and e-commerce systems.
Technical skills required
- Excellent proven knowledge of HTML and CSS to W3C standards.
- Excellent proven knowledge of PHP and MySQL to a commercial standard.
- Experience and knowledge of WordPress.
- An understanding of web-hosting, domain names and dev-servers.
- A basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop in order to work with the files the graphic design team produce.
- Knowledge of Magento E-Commerce software
- Experience of the full Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience of SEO techniques, Google Analytics and Social Media sites
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal and to be able to clearly document a procedure that others can follow.
- To have a "business" mind, and to approach problems from a commercial point of view.
- A desire to progress yourself.
- A systems and procedures-based based approach to your work, and the drive to really make your stamp on our company.
- A good sense of humour and a great work ethic!
Initially £16 - 20k dependent on experience and ability to prove your skills. You will then embark on a structured pay cycle based on meeting set goals, with potential final earnings of around £30k a year.
Initial 6 month probationary period followed by a full-time contract. Your designated place of work will be our Marsden office (between Huddersfield and Oldham).
About The Design Mechanics
The Design Mechanics are the first graphic design, website and print company to work to a pricelist for everything we do. From business cards and website design through to a complete company rebrand, all our prices include meeting time, design time, artworking, printing and local delivery.
The Design Mechanics launched in 2006 following the merger of two Huddersfield-based creative agencies. Having gained over 1,000 clients in West Yorkshire in the last 5 years, we are the first design company to work to a full pricelist for everything we do whilst still operating using a small team.
The company is built on the three "Design Mechanics" pillars: Honesty, Value and Ease of Use. We apply this philosophy to all parts of our business - from how we come to our prices through to how we structure our service.
We are always challenging ourselves as a business, and embrace new technologies and ways of working to enable us to deliver a fantastic value service to our clients.
All applicants should send a full CV and links to online examples of their development work (either live client work or your own projects) to our Creative Director Dave Pannell on: email@example.com
Successful candidates will receive an interview at our Marsden office, following which you may be asked to return and undertake a timed development / web-build test.